From Safety to Security: Uses of Wire PartitionsAdmin Edgar
From safety components in an industrial shelving unit to security options are part of other applications, wire partitions can serve a unique and variable purpose for your warehouse. Using wire partitions in your warehouse can help protect products, shield machinery and prevent injuries to warehouse personnel in a cost effective, easy-to-install manner.
Uses for Wire Partitions
There are many viable uses for wire partitions in a a warehouse. Take a look at the various ways in which your warehouse can benefit from the installation and implementation of wire partition use.
- Pallet rack backs- Wire partition panels can be attached to the back of the pallet rack to keep product from falling off the back side of the racking system and injuring customers or employees.
- Rack enclosures- Valuables in your warehouse can be kept safe by using rack enclosures built around racking where highly valued items are kept.
- Tool crib- Use wire partitions for tool cribs in your warehouse, keeping a secured place for the storage, repair and inventory of tools.
- Storage lockers- From warehouse workers to condo tenants, many people experience the value of using wire partitions as storage lockers and units, keeping valuables and other items from being damaged or destroyed.
- Server/network security cages- Wire partitions are useful in the application of server and network security cages, where large and sensitive computer equipment must be protected from breach and damage/ The wire mesh walls allow for air flow without compromising security.
- Evidence storage- Partitions have been used to designate specific secure areas in the building containing case-sensitive files, evidence and information that must remain protected.
- Machine guarding- Wire partitions are often used to cage machinery, to protect people frpm potential dangers caused by automated machines and movable parts. Machine guarding can include lift enclosures, safety guards and physical barriers.
- Holding cells and driver cages- Wire partitions have been, and are sometimes used as holding cells in local precincts, correctional facilities and detention centers. The cages include the options of benches to be attached to the inside of the partitions. They can also be used as a driver cage to hold truck drivers as they wait for deliveries to be prepared.
- Railings- Whether you need mezzanine railing or guard rails, partitions help keep your personnel protected by adding railings in dangerous zones, where accidents can result in life-threatening injuries.
- Drug/Pharmacy- When installed properly, wire partitions meet government requirements for physical security of drugs in both warehouses and pharmacies.
HD SHELVING, leader in industrial shelving solutions for over 40 years, understands the importance of considering the use of wire partitions to streamline your warehouse needs and protect both your products and your personnel from damage and injury.